STAMFORD — After two weeks of searching without result, police are asking the public for help finding a Stamford man who caused the death of another man by pushing him to the ground earlier this month.

Stamford police said they are looking for Antonio De La Cruz, 33, of Alden Street, in order to charge him with manslaughter in the death of Leobardo Quintero, 43, who died after being shoved to the ground during an argument on Alden Street on Sept. 5.

Police said they believe De La Cruz is somewhere between Stamford and the Bronx, New York and may be trying to make his way back to his native country of Mexico. According to a press release that included two pictures of De La Cruz, police said they have an arrest warrant charging him with manslaughter.

De La Cruz is an undocumented immigrant and he is about six feet tall and weights about 235 lbs., police said.

Police said the argument that ended in Quintero’s death occurred at about 9:30 p.m. on Sept. 5 near the bottom of Alden Street near Stillwater Avenue.

Responding officers found a “tumultuous scene” with men and women surrounding Quintero, who was lying on the ground going in and out of consciousness after having hit his head on the concrete sidewalk, according to a police statement.

Quintero was rushed to the Stamford Hospital emergency room, but by the next afternoon he was listed as brain dead, said Sgt. Sean Boeger, who is heading up the investigation. Four days later Quintero was taken off life support and died.

The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner ruled that Quintero died of a blunt impact injury to the head, which caused a subdural hematoma. The manner of death was homicide.

Anyone with any information on De La Cruz’s whereabouts is asked to call Boeger at 203-977-4417 or 203 667-2988.

jnickerson@stamfordadvocate.com