Fire damages Stamford house under renovation
STAMFORD - A house under renovation on Hampshire Drive was damaged by fire on Monday.
At 5:20 p.m., a call was received by the Stamford 911 center from a neighbor reporting flames coming from the rear of house.
“First arriving units reported the rear first and second floor of the building, was on fire, along with fire coming from the roof of the structure,” Deputy Chief Tom Gloersen said in a release.
“Hoselines were deployed by subsequent arriving crews, and the main body of fire was extinguished approximately 15 minutes later. Crews then worked to locate any smoldering, hidden fires within the structure.”
The building was not occupied at the time of the fire.
No injuries occurred during the course of fire operations.
Three engines, one ladder truck, one rescue unit, one rapid intervention team, one deputy chief and several members and apparatus from the The Turn of river Fire Dept worked to extinguish the fire.
The fire is under investigation by the Fire Marshal's Office.