Minor fire doused at Dressing Room Restaurant
Published 5:10 pm, Wednesday, March 16, 2011
A fire outside the Dressing Room Restaurant, ignited by a smoldering box, caused only minor damage before being quickly extinguished Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters were dispatched to the restaurant at 27 Powers Court about 3:45 p.m. after restaurant workers reported seeing fire damage to an outside wall. The fire was generated by a cardboard food box, which had been placed on the kitchen grill, then taken outside and set on a fiberglass partition, began smoldering and ignited.
Smoke was coming into the restaurant through the kitchen door, and workers used a fire extinguisher to douse the flames.
The restaurant's automatic fire alarm was triggered from smoke in the kitchen.
The fire singed the surface of the partition and traveled up the outside wall of the restaurant, but did not spread inside.
Restaurant operations were not hampered by the fire, according to firefighters.