House fire extinguished by residents
Published 5:55 am, Tuesday, June 1, 2010
A fire early Tuesday at a Partrick Road house was extinguished by the home's residents before firefighters arrived on scene.
Four engines and ladder truck and the shift commander's vehicle were dispatched to 100 Partrick Road about 12:50 a.m.
The house, which is under renovation, was still was filled with smoke, but the fire apparently had been extinguished.
Firefighters checked the area that had burned -- a small desk area with shelves -- and found charring from the fire and a moderate smoke condition throughout the house. Fans were used to expel smoke while thermal-imaging cameras were used to make sure the fire had been completely extinguished. The last fire units left the scene about 2 a.m.
Smoke detectors alerted residents to the fire, and the use of a fire extinguisher kept fire damage to a minimum, according to firefighters.
The fire remains under investigation by the fire marshal.