Mattress fire damages house in Stratford
STRATFORD - Two adults are being helped by the Red Cross after a fire at a Meadowview Drive house Tuesday night.
Firefighters responded to a report of a mattress fire at the residence.
On arrival crews found fire coming from two windows on the second floor.
Mutual aid fire companies were called to cover Stratford.
Firefighters used wo hand lines were to extinguish the fire.
There were no reported injuries.
The Red Cross provided assistance to meet the families’ immediate needs. Responders included Susan Delgado and Evan Gailey.
The Red Cross is also providing comfort kits containing personal care items such as toothbrushes, deodorant; shaving supplies and other items a resident might need when suddenly displaced from their home by a fire. In addition, a recovery envelope containing information helpful to families recovering from a fire, including tips on cleanup; notification of important contacts; dealing with damaged items and more was provided.