Westport weather: Weekend expected to turn wet, wintry
Updated 7:50 am, Saturday, December 15, 2012
Skies will be mostly sunny today across southwestern Connecticut, but things are expected to take a wintry turn overnight.
The National Weather Service says the daytime high temperature will be in the mid-40s, with a northeast wind around 6 mph.
There is a chance of rain starting late tonight or early tomorrow as clouds increase and the temperature dips to a low in the low-30s. There will be an east wind 5 to 9 mph, with a chance of precipitation at 30 percent, the NWS says.
Tomorrow morning the rain is likely to mix with light snow before 9 a.m., then chance back to all rain later. The high temperature is expected to be in the low-40s, with an east wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent, but little or no snow accumulation is expected.
The nighttime low temperature tomorrow is expected to be in the mid-30s, with a northeast wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation remains about 80 percent, the NWS says.
On Monday, more rain is likely, mainly before 9 a.m. Skies will be cloudy, with a high temperature in the upper-40s, with a northeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. More rain is likely Monday night, mainly after 9 p.m., with a low temperature in the mid-30s. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.
Rain is likely to continue Tuesday, mainly after 7 a.m. Skies will be cloudy, with a high temperature in the upper-40s. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent. A chance of precipitation remains Tuesday night, as temperatures register a low in the low-30s. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
The outlook for Wednesday, according to the weather service, is cloudy skies and temperatures in the 40s.