Police Chief Dale Call, updating traffic and parking guidelines for Westport's railroad stations, said officials expect heavier Tuesday ridership on Metro-North trains, and the buses bringing passengers to the Saugatuck depot from points east.
Most reports indicate that ridership Monday, the first work day following a two-train collision Friday in Bridgeport, was lighter than anticipated.
Here's a summary of what the chief had to say:
- Shuttle buses from Fairfield Metro and Fairfield Center stations will take riders back and forth to Saugatuck.
- Commuters should be aware that :limited" westbound service leaving the Westport depot could depart from passenger platforms on either side of the deppt, so they should take care to listen to loudspeaker announcements or check with MTA representatives at the station.
- Railroad Place is reserved for shuttle bus drop-offs and pick-ups only. Drivers dropping off individual passengers or carpools should use Ferry Lane, as well as pick up passengers there.
- Parking Lot 2 at the west end of Railroad Place, adjacent to the New York-bound tracks, will be closed to commuter parking until 9 a.m. That allows the area to be used as a shuttle bus staging area.
- For updates on the status of the Westport Transit mini buses and their routes, check the website of the Norwalk Transit District: http://www.norwalktransit.com
- There will be no bus service to the Greens Farms Station because, as of Tuesday, no train service is scheduled there.