WESTPORT — After more than a dozen women shared stories alleging Hollywood movie producer Harvey Weinstein sexually harassed or sexually assaulted, New York Police detectives are reviewing its files to see if any women previously reported him to the department.

So far, no filed complaints have been found, NYPD spokesman Peter Donald said Thursday, other than one well-known case that prompted an investigation in 2015.

In Westport, where Weinstein owns a home, Lt. Jillian Cabana said the Westport Police have received no complaints of sexual assault against the Oscar-winning studio executive.

“We would investigate if we had a complaint. We have received no such complaints of sexual assault,” the Westport police lieutenant said.

“We can’t just go investigating people for no reason,” Cabana added.

Weinstein owns a home adjacent to Burying Hill Beach on Beachside Avenue and a second property in the Compo area, which he bought in 2004.

A prominent Democratic fundraiser, Weinstein hosted an event for President Barack Obama at his Westport home in 2012 that raised $2 million. The star-studded event featured celebrities Anne Hathaway, Jim Naughton, Joanne Woodward, Aaron Sorkin and Anna Wintour.

The former president is among those to distance themselves from the movie mogul after The New York Times and The New Yorker magazine published investigations chronicling a history of sexual harassment allegations against Weinstein and settlements he paid, often involving former employees, over three decades. Weinstein was fired Sunday by The Weinstein Co., a studio he co-founded with his brother.

U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., who received $2,700 from Weinstein for his 2016 re-election campaign, said he will donate the money to the Connecticut Alliance to End Sexual Violence.

“When I read the New York Times piece, I was aghast at how many and how often these instances of harassment and intimidation were,” Blumenthal told Hearst Connecticut Media. “I was deeply disturbed.”

Blumenthal said he “decided immediately that we should donate the money to an organization that does really good work against sexual violence, and that was our decision.”

U.S. Rep. Rosa DeLauro, D-Conn., received $1,000 from Weinstein in 1996.

“We will be making a $1000 contribution to Domestic Violence Services of Greater New Haven,” said Jimmy Tickey, DeLauro’s campaign manager.

Other Connecticut politicians who received campaign contributions from Weinstein include former U.S. Senator Chris Dodd, who retired in 2010 and went on to serve as head of the Motion Picture Association of America, former Sen. Joe Lieberman, and Lieberman’s rival, Ned Lamont, according to The Connecticut Mirror.

Staff writer Neil Vigdor and The Associated Press contributed to this report.