Part of mall evacuated after cleaning fluid spill
Published 7:03 pm, Friday, December 1, 2017
BRAINTREE, Mass. (AP) — Part of a Massachusetts shopping mall had to be evacuated because of a cleaning fluid spill in a Chipotle restaurant.
Police in Braintree say a lower-level wing of the South Shore Plaza and the area around the mall were evacuated late Friday afternoon because of fumes from the spill. The effected areas have since reopened.
A Chipotle spokesman says there was a spill of a highly concentrated cleaning solution and the restaurant would be closed for a short time during the cleanup. A worker at the restaurant was taken to a hospital as a precaution.
The spokesman apologized for any inconvenience.
Emergency vehicles surrounding the building and hazardous materials teams responded.