Make a Pumpkin Perfection Cocktail
Published 1:00 am, Tuesday, October 21, 2008
The Pumpkin Perfection Cocktail is made with homemade pumpkin-infused vodka, fresh apple cider, amaretto and fresh lemon juice, and then garnished with a cinnamon stick and lemon twist.
It''s an ideal signature drink for Halloween parties.Those who aren't planning their own fright-fest can head to Mohonk Mountain House, 90 miles north of New York City, for the Victorian castle resort's "Halloween Haunts and Happenings," from Oct. 26 to Nov. 2.
Guest speakers include Stacey Jones , founder of Central New York Ghost Hunters and Dr. Michael Baden , host of HBO's Autopsy.
Mohonk Mountain House will celebrate its 140-year anniversary in 2009. For more details, call (800) 772-6646 or visit www.mohonk.com .
2 ounces pumpkin infused vodka
2 ounces fresh apple cider
3/4 ounce Amaretto
1/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
1 cinnamon stick
1 lemon twist
1. Decant one bottle of vodka into a clean two-quart glass container with a tight fitting lid.
2. Add to the vodka one small can of pumpkin. Allow vodka to infuse away from direct sunlight and intense heat for one week.
3. After one week, taste the vodka and if you are satisfied with the intensity of the flavor, strain through a metal sieve into a bowl. Discard the solids and strain the vodka one more time through a cheese cloth or a coffee filter into a pitcher or the empty vodka bottle.
4. Combine pumpkin vodka, apple cider, amaretto and lemon juice in a shaker over ice, shake until chilled.
5. Strain into martini glass, serving the drink straight up and garnishing with a cinnamon stick wrapped with a lemon twist.