Hay bale fire extinguished at Weston Road construction site
Updated 5:51 pm, Thursday, April 4, 2013
Hay bales being used at Weston Road construction site to muffle noise caught fire Thursday afternoon, but the blaze was quickly doused by firefighters before spreading.
The fire, reported about 12:20 p.m. Thursday, apparently was ignited by a spark from a power tool being used on the construction job.
The barrier of about 100 to 150 hay bales was being used to block noise from the construction site and a neighboring home.
No injuries were reported, and fire crews left the scene after about an hour.
Fire officials underscored the current threat of outdoor fires posed by weather factors -- the National Weather had issued a "Red Flag Warning" for the region Wednesday because of relatively dry conditions and low humidity.