Gas grill fire doused on Janson Drive
Published 6:32 am, Saturday, August 1, 2015
A gas grill which caught fire at a Janson Drive home Friday afternoon, venting flames as high as 10, was quickly extinguished by firefighters before causing serious damage.
When firefighters arrived at the home about 2:30 p.m. Friday, the 15-pound propane tank was ablaze in the backyard with fire shooting from the valve connection.
Once the flames were doused, the remaining propane in the tank was vented Propusing a fog spray from a fire hose, according to the fire report.
No one was injured.
Two fire engines, a ladder truck and a command car were dispatched to the scene.
In the aftermath of the incident, the Fire Department issued a statement advising homeowners to keep propane fueled gas grills away from the dwelling and, if possible, to keep the valve connection facing away from the house as well.