Firefighters were dispatched Thursday to a Grouse Path house where a malfunctioning circuit board had caused the house to fill with smoke.

A fire alarm was triggered about 7:15 p.m. at 2 Grouse Path, where smoky conditions were reported by the homeowner.

The fire crew used thermal-imaging cameras to check the structure including the furnace and air handlers, for the source of the smoke. The imagers located a hot spot in one of the air handlers on the third floor. Firefighters opened the front panel and found that a circuit board and wiring had burned. The circuit breaker in the electrical panel that controlled that unit had tripped, shutting down power, fire officials said.

Firefighters ventilated the house, and a fire inspector was called in to investigate the cause of the fire.

The smoke-detection system played a key role in alerting the homeowners to the problem and ensuring a quick response from the Fire Department.