Published 8:00 pm, Tuesday, March 18, 2008
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the Sucanat, eggs, and canola oil. Add carrot, coconut and raisins, mixing well.
3. Add ground flax seeds and cinnamon, mixing well. Add baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour, mixing well. Mix in rolled oats.
4. Make cookies by making balls of heaping teaspoons of dough and then flattening slightly.
5. This batter will not spread, so cookies can be placed fairly close together on cookie sheets.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on cookie sheet before removing cookies to a wire rack.
7. Makes 30 cookies.
Note: Sucanat is non-refined cane sugar that retains its molasses content. It is essentially pure dried sugar cane juice and is grainy in texture rather than crystalline.