Nine properties have been cited by the Historic District Commission as recipients of the 2015 Historic Preservation Awards.

An awards ceremony is planned Monday to honor the property owners. The event is set for 7 p.m. in Town Hall.

The award winners, and the commission’s reasons for honor in the properties, follow:

6 DOGWOOD LANE, award for a Sensitive/Appropriate Addition

Frazier Peters House, c. 1930, owned by Ashley Farrah and Patrick Ashe

This house was designed and built by noted local architect Frazier Forman Peters, known for his fieldstone houses constructed from the 1920s-40s, as well as “his attention to the placement of a house on site and the sustainability of the structure.” The owner of the house since 2005 worked with architect Lou Garcia to “revitalize the exterior and interior of the house and to add additional living space ... The new additions were skillfully integrated with the original in massing, scale, detail and by the common use of materials such as stone walls and slate roofing.”

108 CROSS HIGHWAY, award for Preservation

Henry Munroe House/Federal style, c. 1806, owned by Rachel Ember, Jeff Porter

The Henry Munroe House “holds significant historic value for Westport because it is associated with the heritage and movement toward freedom of Connecticut’s African-American citizens. Henry Munroe, a freed slave, bought the house in 1802.” In 2011 the property was marketed for sale as a possible demolition. When the seller sought a demolition permit, the HDC upheld the delay of demolition and worked with the owner to market the house for preservation. “When the current owners bought the house, they recognized the historic importance of the structure and updated the house and barn to meet the needs of a contemporary family, while respecting and retaining its historic integrity.”

28 HERMIT LANE, award for Preservation

Fangel-Molyneus House, c. 1900, owners Tracey and Thomas Kelly

Since owning the property, the Kelleys “have undertaken extensive renovations. Additional space was carefully conceived to respect the scale, proportion and integrity of the original structure. The property has also been meticulously restored and the grounds enhanced with the installation of stone walls, an iron gate entrance, gravel driveway, renovated pool, and pool house.”

46 WRIGHT ST., the Helen Muller Award for an Outstanding Property in a Local Historic District

Edmund W. Taylor House, Greek Revival/Second Empire, circa 1840, owned by Janet Russo Jacklin and William Jacklin

The Helen Muller Preservation Award is given in recognition of the sensitive renovation of the Edmund Taylor House in the Kings Highway North Local Historic District. “A successful element of the renovation was the removal of a later inappropriate wing, which was replaced by a sympathetic addition, replicating the prominent mansard roof of the original portion of the house.”

132 COMPO ROAD SOUTH, award for Restoration

Mabel Gault House, c.1896, owned by Michele Wan and Thorsten Lauterbach

Since the current owners purchased the house, “they have been dedicated to its restoration. The asphalt roof was replaced with a combination cedar and standing seam copper roof with new copper gutters and downspouts. The surviving original windows were restored through a lengthy process taking months to complete. The chimneys were rebuilt. New exterior features include foundation work, a new porch on the center front entrance, refurbished gingerbread decorative details on the front of the house, and a complete paint job.”

38 WOODSIDE AVE., award for Rehabilitation

Vernacular Style, c. 1850, owned by Alex Hyman

The “current owner of this unique, modest cottage is a member of the third generation of the same family that has owned this property since 1922 ... Over the generations, the cabin grew, in an irregular, casual, almost spontaneous manner as additional space was required and standards of living evolved ... So when the grandson of the original owner became the current steward of the family manse he chose, in his words, to ‘honor the past and continue to make future memories.’ ”

76 RIVERSIDE AVE., award for Rehabilitation

Norman Kellogg House, Queen Anne style, c. 1883, owned by Beverly and Richard Bailey

The Norman Kellogg House is a wonderful and complete in-town example of the ornate Queen Anne style ... and in “early conversations with contractors, the owners realized that although the house had good bones ‘all of its vital organs needed a trip to the emergency room.’ ... Their goal for the renovation was to keep its historic integrity but also create a functional home with the conveniences required by today’s lifestyle.”

268 WILTON ROAD, award for Rehabilitation

Charles Taylor House, Federal Colonial Revival, c. 1803, Able Construction, Peter Greenberg

Local developer Peter Greenberg of Able Construction “recognized the historic and architectural significance of the Charles Taylor House ... and saw the value in saving the structure and restoring it to meet the needs of today’s family. He was impressed by its ‘gracefulness, large windows and high ceilings and pleasing symmetry.’ ” The builder stripped away later additions that detracted from the original character of the house and added sympathetic wings to the core structure.

MINUTE MAN MONUMENT, award for Restoration

Statue, grassy mound, stone wall and iron fence, c. 1910, town of Westport

Perhaps the “most iconic symbol of Westport’s historic past was dedicated in 1910 as a memorial to the heroic stand taken by colonial residents of our area to resist the intrusion of English solders sent to suppress the movement for independence in 1777.” Though the statue itself had been maintained, by spring 2012 “other elements of the monument site were in need of significant restoration ... When the badly deteriorated fence was replaced with an inappropriate fence, the Historic District Commission and the Arts Advisory Committee were alerted. The site was designated a local historic landmark, and a complete renovation of the property included “restoration of the original surrounding fence and the regrading and landscaping of the supporting mound. Additional restoration work was focused on the statue itself.”