To search all Jobs listings, please visit: southernctjobs.com
- ANALYST, TMT Financial Services for IHS Global, Inc. (Norwalk, CT) Seek & provide info to help companies determine their position in the marketplace. Reqmts: Master's in Finance or Fin'l Engg. 6 mos exp as an Equity Research Analyst, Researcher or related Intern position. Post Bach's exp is reqd & must incl: fin'l modeling; investment style writing; familiarity w/ stock mkt & valuation; in semiconductor co. analysis; & in equity analysis. Mail resumes to Karen Jewell, IHS Global, 15 Inverness Way East, Englewood, CO 80112. (Must ref. Job Code 136)
- FRENCH & SPANISH TEACHER sought by private secondary school in Stamford, CT. Teach introductory, intermediate, & advanced French and Spanish classes. Plan coursework & activities for classroom instruction. Assist in curriculum dsgn & dvlpmnt, & initiate programs associated w/Global Studies. Make recommendations for new online learning tools & techs. Assess effectiveness of teaching methods & instructional aides and materials. Specific duties & responsibilities to be assigned by Head of School or other administrators as needed. Requires: Master's degree in Romance Languages, Romance Languages & Literatures, or closely related, fluency in French & Spanish, & 1 year of exp. in job offered or 1 year of exp. as a secondary or post-secondary teacher in a Romance language, or any other suitable combo of education, training, and/or exp. Mail resume to: Human Resources Department, King Low Heywood Thomas School, 1450 Newfield Avenue, Stamford, CT 06905
Prep Cook (Greenwich, CT) Emp.: Fairview Country Club. Cold & hot food preparation. No exp/ req'd. 40 hrs/wk. Please email resume to: email@example.com.
- MANAGING DIRECTOR, Rates Trading sought by RBS Securities Inc. (Stamford, CT) to lead U.S. Dollar interest rate swap market making for domestic and international financial institutional clients. Supervise junior and senior interest rate swap traders. Promote the rates business and build a client franchise. Manage the interest rate, currency, and credit risk for the portfolio. Collaborate with quantitative/ strategy department to build and enhance interest rate swaps technology and risk systems. Develop interest rate swaps trading models to derive U.S. interest rate swaps curve from a selected set of observable market parameters, aggregate risk to more manageable vectors, calibrate the interest-rate swaps curve, and apply it to specific swaps pricing. 40 hrs/wk. Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Finance, Engineering or a related quantitative field followed by 5 years of progressive experience in the position offered or related. Full term of experience must be with a global sell-side financial services institution and must involve making markets on Dollar Interest-Rate swaps for pension funds, insurance companies, corporations, banks, and hedge fund clients to cover U.S., Europe, and Asia regions; risk-managing using U.S. government bonds, Eurodollar Futures and Treasury Futures; providing liquidity, pricing, and execution in Dollar Interest-Rate swaps; building client relationships; hedging interest rate swaps book based on duration risk, curve risk, swap spread risk, basis risk and fixings risk; collaborating with quantitative/strategy department to build and enhance interest rate swaps technology and risk systems; developing interest rate swaps trading models to derive U.S. interest rate swaps curve from a set of observable market parameters, aggregating risk to more manageable vectors, calibrating the interest-rate swaps curve, and applying it to specific swaps pricing; and utilizing Excel, Bloomberg, and Reuters. Series 7 & 63 licenses are required. Direct Applicants only. Send resumes to Pamela Mitchell, RBS Securities Inc., 600 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901. All applicants must reference job code 405887.
- TAX ASSOCIATE sought by RBS Securities Inc. (Stamford, CT) to analyze book-tax sensitive accounts, calculate book-tax adjustments, prepare and review work papers and documentation to support items of income and deduction on the corporate and partnership tax returns. Utilize expertise in U.S. GAAP and ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes to prepare C-corp and flow-through Federal and State tax returns using Thomson Reuters tax preparation software (GoSystems/OneSource and eForms). Prepare and review estimated tax payments and extensions, as well as non-income tax returns. Prepare and review monthly income tax provision calculations and create respective journal entries. Analyze and reconcile income tax and indirect tax accounts, substantiating balances and maintaining proper documentation as per SOX. Respond to various state and federal tax notices, researching federal and state statutes using CCH and RIA Checkpoint in order to challenge and mitigate potential tax charges. 40 hrs/wk. Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and 2 years of experience in the position offered or in a related Public Accounting position. Full term of the required experience must involve utilizing expertise in U.S. GAAP and ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes to prepare C-corp and flow-through Federal and State tax returns using Thomson Reuters tax preparation software (GoSystems/ OneSource and eForms); preparing and managing workpapers/ documentation to support items of income and deduction on corporate and partnership tax returns; employing tax research systems including CCH and RIA Checkpoint; utilizing General Ledger systems including Hyperion/Oracle/SAP; leveraging expertise in the income tax provision process, as well as Fixed Assets depreciation and reconciliation, to analyze and reconcile income tax accounts; and utilizing MS Excel, MS Word and Adobe to manage data. Must have passed at least 2 parts of the 4-part CPA exam. Direct Applicants only. Send resumes to Pamela Mitchell, RBS Securities Inc., 600 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901. All applicants must reference job code 405853.
- VP, QUANTITATIVE Risk Management Analyst sought by RBS Securities Inc. (Stamford, CT) to utilize statistical, analytical, quantitative, mathematical tools (including stochastic calculus, numerical methods and Monte Carlo Simulation) and programming skills (including VBA and Matlab) to design and develop financial models that measure risks and test derivative-based strategies. 40 hrs/wk. Must have a Master's degree in Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or related quantitative field, and 3 years of experience in the position offered or related position. Full term of experience must involve applying advanced statistical and mathematical techniques to analyze, develop and validate quantitative financial risk models in the area of derivatives, interest rates, fixed income, and options; utilizing stochastic calculus, Monte Carlo simulations, and advanced mathematic models and numerical methods to perform pricing of equity, interest rate, FX, and credit options; analyzing major risk drivers through risk decomposition methods and applying findings to calculate/manage risk for derivatives, equity, interest rate, FX, and credit products; calculating value at risk (VaR) and mark-to-market price; presenting model output to clients; and programming in Matlab, VBA or other statistical software. Direct applicants only. Send resumes to Pamela Mitchell (ref. job code 405851), RBS Securities Inc., 600 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901.
AML COMPLIANCE OFFICER sought by RBS Securities Inc. (Stamford, CT) to ensure the Company's compliance with applicable banking and financial regulations related to client identification and AML requirements under the BSA, PATRIOT Act, OFAC and international regulations. Provide AML and Sanctions business as usual support to onboarding by reviewing new client requests to ensure that customers are properly risk-ranked and that all CIP and KYC obligations are satisfied in accordance with the varying requirements mandated by client and product type, as well as institutional-specific and regulatory standards. 40 hrs/wk. Must have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related field, and 3 years of experience in the position offered or a related compliance position. Will also accept a Master's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related field, and 1 year of experience in the position offered or a related compliance position. Full term of experience must involve conducting firm-wide risk assessments of customers, products, geographies, and distribution channels within financial services sector; ensuring compliance with AML, BSA/PATRIOT Act, OFAC, and Sanction requirements and regulations for general counsel, front office, and operations; producing BRDs for technology enhancement projects; and utilizing MS Visio, MS SharePoint, and MS Excel, including pivot tables. Direct Applicants only. Send resumes to Pamela Mitchell (ref. job code 406130), RBS Securities Inc., 600 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901.